Web Design for Architects
- an abstract idea
- a plan or intention
- an idea or invention to help sell or publicise
I’m guessing you are an architect who landed on this page because you have a reasonable handle on technology and you broadly know what you need in the way of a website. You have seen other websites and you know what you like in terms of colours, style and functionality.
I recommend you take the following steps:
- After Googling web designer Sydney, pick 2-3 designers. Note that the ones who come first in the organic (none-Ad) results will charge $2,000 upwards depending on requirements. Look at their own websites – this gives an indication of what they will create for you and how good their copywriting skills are. By the time you get to page 3 of results, you’re down to $1,000 plus.
- Speak to 2-3 designers. This will give you information on: how professional they sound; the scope of their services; their fees. Ask them to explain their SEO strategy. It will also fill in some gaps in your web design knowledge, at a high level.
- Refine your needs. What you thought you needed could change.
- Speak to your web designer of choice about commencing your project. Remember, you can still pull out if you haven’t paid a deposit and alarm bells ring. You may need to select a designer outside of the 2-3 you spoke to in Step 2 above.
- Hopefully, you are now in a position to start your project.
DOMAIN NAMES & WEB HOSTING
WebThemes can organise a domain name for you, plus web hosting. Or BYO ie you may have already bought the domain name and web hosting for your website.
The first phase in creating your website is finding out your requirements and producing a prototype design. As 70% of web searching is done on mobiles, the main focus is on that device - but your site will look great on all devices.
When you have approved the design for the mobile, webThemes develops the website. This will use WordPress and a page builder plus CSS. For an eCommerce site, I recommend WooCommerce.
WebThemes provides a first-class Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) service to ensure your website is noticed when people search on Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
Writing the copy (the text) for your own website can be a chore, even though you know what ideas you want to convey. Let webThemes handle the writing for you. Good copy is very important.
I will create and monitor your Google Ads campaign where required. This is centered around the correct use of Keywords and astute ad writing.