I was just thinking (ouch!) about the sort of service or goods I like offered by a business. I came up with:
- Value for money (not necessarily the cheapest). See fit for purpose below.
- Good quality workmanship in the goods and service. The word pride comes to mind.
- Knowledge of the service / goods on offer and of the industry they are part of.
- Attention to detail. I don’t want to be fobbed off with shoddy workmanship.
- Responsive service. This includes updating me if something is delayed. It includes after-sales service.
- Buying something fit for purpose. If I use a pair of pliers once a year, I only need a cheap pair. Obviously, if I’m a tradesman I might want the best or second best.
The sort of service I expect from others is what I expect of myself and webThemes.